15th Annual Technology Conference for the Native American industry
11/10/14 - 11/13/14
The M Resort
Las Vegas, NV
Tribal Telecom 2014
The 3rd Annual Tribal Telecom and Technology Summit recently held in Phoenix, AZ was a great success for the tribal communications industry!
The event theme this year was: Growing Native Broadband with Culture, Governance, and Industry.
More information on the 2015 will be released on their website soon at http://www.TribalTelecomConference.com
Become a Member of the NATRC
Native American Technology Research Center
For years, we’ve known that information is power. As technology continues its rapid rate of growth, it has created a monumental need for reliable and current information with specific relevance to tribal organizations. “I just signed onto Info-Tech because of their efforts to provide us with focused research on tribal organizations. This information will be instrumental to us as we move forward on projects of all scale within the tribal government.” says Charles Scharnagle, CIO, Mohegan Tribe of Indians of Connecticut and TribalNet Advisory Board Member. TribalNet has partnered with Info-Tech Research Group to create a vital new IT research center to guide decision-making for tribal industry executives. We are proud to introduce the Native American Technology Research Center (NATRC) – truly a first of its kind. The NATRC is on track to revolutionize the way the tribal industry makes future technology decisions. It is a thoughtful, comprehensive and much needed solution, one that gives members the power to shape their own future.
The NATRC was formed to help make informed decisions on technology solutions, the NATRC is an online repository of vendor and product research which enables faster and more informed technology assessment and purchasing decisions using unbiased research, coupled with a customizable tool. This research is produced using Info-Tech’s unbiased and proven research methodology and, most importantly, is constructed to meet the specific requirements of the tribal industry. The new NATRC will house a number of Vendor Landscapes specific to the tribal industry. A Vendor Landscape provides an in-depth view of vendors, their systems’ functionality and advice on specific purchasing scenarios. The vendor information provided is based on primary research with current users, briefings with the vendors, as well as publicly available information. Vendor Landscapes, that are already available, are, Tribal Enrollment and Membership Management Systems and Tribal Government Financial Management Systems.
To read the full story click here
Rainmaker- A Year in Review
The Rainmaker Group Achieves Recognition, Success
and Drives Innovation in 2013
ATLANTA – December 30, 2013 – The Rainmaker Group, the leading provider of pricing, revenue management and profit optimization solutions to the multifamily and gaming/hospitality industries, realized monumental success in 2013. With strong attention to detail and an acute understanding of how and where optimized pricing is evolving, The Rainmaker Group this year successfully launched numerous strategic solutions to better serve the revenue generation needs of its customers. These efforts were recognized through industry-specific accolades naming the firm as advanced technology innovators. Additionally, the company was named to the Georgia Fast 40 list of fastest growing companies in the state and nationally received its 3rd consecutive ranking on the Inc. 500/5000 List of fastest growing private companies.
In continued effort to deliver innovations for customer profitability, The Rainmaker Group leadership team grew with the addition of a new vice president of IT operations and a hospitality vice president of business consulting. Overall, the Rainmaker team grew by more than 35 percent to meet the ever-changing needs of customers as well as bring optimized pricing strategies to more organizations and companies within the multifamily, gaming and hospitality industries.
“Year-over-year we look for new advanced ways we can deliver the best-in-breed, progressive revenue solutions our customers expect from our company,” said Bruce Barfield, CEO and co-founder of The Rainmaker Group. “This was a formative year for us. The innovations, offerings and strategic solutions we were able to provide our customers not only improved their overall revenue growth but also helped to better position them for financial longevity. It is that ability to help our customers discover financial security that drives us each and every year to deliver even more.”
Rainmaker LRO® Progressive Leaders in Multifamily Industry
As the only provider in the multifamily industry offering optimized revenue management strategies built around mathematically optimized and analytically-driven data, LRO delivered significant customer revenue growth. Whether a small owner or a large REIT, LRO users were able to drive rents, some with monumental increases within less than six months. One customer utilizing Rainmaker LRO revenue management was the top performing REIT quarter over quarter, and other customers realized operational excellence due to strategic pricing practices.
Customer success is what motivates the Rainmaker LRO team to do more and be better on a daily basis. In 2013 Rainmaker LRO:
• Provided the most comprehensive LRO learning experience possible at the annual LRO User Conference.
• Spearheaded the launch into revenue management business intelligence with the release of Business Objects in LRO. Customers now have improved access to revenue management data enabling better benchmarking and predictive analytics of pricing trends.
• Delivered progressive and thought-provoking content to attendees at the 2013 National Apartment Association June Education Conference and Expo during a session on the benefits of combining revenue management data in the budgeting process form.
• Completed integrations into three additional property management systems. Rainmaker LRO is now the only revenue management provider to partner with all of the leading PMS vendors.
• Continued to educate and inform multifamily owners and operators on the benefits of optimized revenue management strategies only available from Rainmaker LRO. As a result welcomed more than 100 new clients to the Rainmaker LRO customer family.
• Created a new DataCenter through a partnership with Datapipe, the world’s most trusted IT and monitoring service provider.
“We live and breathe revenue management,” said Andrew Rains, president of Rainmaker LRO. “It is this commitment, passion, and belief in our solutions to generate revenue for our customers that has ultimately led to their success. We strive to be the progressive leaders they look to for what’s next in revenue management and we thrive on that trust.”
Driving Innovation in Gaming and Hospitality
In 2013, Rainmaker further solidified its position as an innovative leader in the Gaming and Hospitality Revenue Management category. Its relentless focus on development of revenue-enhancing products and services geared toward hotels of all types and sizes proved, once again, to be a formula for another successful year. Today, Rainmaker solutions are used to manage more than 150,000 rooms for leading hospitality companies and casino hotels throughout the world.
Here is a snapshot of the 2013 highlights and milestones for the company’s Gaming and Hospitality business unit:
• GuestREV®, Rainmaker’s flagship profit optimization system, was implemented at an additional 45 properties, which included additional international launches at world-class luxury resorts in the Philippines, Mexico, and South Africa, as well as the fastest implementation in company history (60 days from its July 1 kick-off to the August 29 two-way go-live).
• In its annual Vendor Landscape: Revenue Management Systems report, Info-Tech Research Group, Inc., a global leader in providing IT research and advice, listed GuestREV as this year’s Trend Setter Award recipient, recognizing Rainmaker for its “innovative approach of introducing gaming revenue to revenue management modeling.” Trend Setter Awards are presented only to those solutions that are deemed to include the most original/inventive product/service, or the most original/inventive feature/capability of a product/service.
• The debut of ReelREV™, a hosted solution designed to improve the slot performance of today’s dynamic casino environments. It achieves its mission by monitoring, scrubbing, formatting, standardizing and normalizing datasets, and then diagnosing and prescribing opportunities to improve slot performance to guide operator execution to yield the whole floor.
• The launch of ReelREV™ earned Rainmaker a spot on the Technology Association of Georgia’s (TAG’s) prestigious Top 40 Innovative Technology Companies in Georgia.
• GroupREV®, Rainmaker’s innovative price optimization software solution that takes group pricing beyond gut instinct and displacement analysis, is now live and performing well at 46 Omni Hotels & Resorts properties. Additional GroupREV implementations at other customer properties are anticipated in early 2014.
“What a year,” said Tammy Farley, Rainmaker president and recent winner of the industry’s prestigious Great Women of Gaming Proven Leader Award. “We started the year by adding two new Four-Diamond Resort properties to our GuestREV customer base, and we end the year being recognized for having ‘the perfect [revenue management] system for cutting-edge casino-hotels looking to make decisions based on total guest value.’ What is equally exciting is that several new GuestREV and GroupREV initiatives are in the pipeline and expected to be announced in the first quarter of 2014.”
The Rainmaker Group is the market leader in profit optimization solutions for the Multifamily Housing and Gaming & Hospitality industries. Rainmaker software, coupled with professional business consulting services, enables multifamily housing operators to maximize revenue from apartment leases and helps operators of casino hotels and other hospitality enterprises secure the most valuable customers to increase their profitability. An innovator and thought leader in the highly specialized revenue optimization field, Rainmaker leverages cutting-edge research to bring customers the most sophisticated systems and help them achieve the highest profitability from their assets. Multifamily housing clients include leaders such as AvalonBay Communities, Equity Residential, Gables Residential, Post Properties, MAA and more. Gaming/Hospitality clients include leading casino/hotel organizations such as Atlantis The Palm Dubai, Caesars Entertainment, MGM Resorts International, Omni Hotels & Resorts, Wynn Las Vegas and many others. A Microsoft Gold Certified Partner headquartered in northern Atlanta, GA, Rainmaker has for three years running ranked on the Inc. 5,000 list among America’s top fastest-growing, privately held companies. For more information, visit www.LetItRain.com.
The Rainmaker Group
USDA- RUS FY2013 Funding
USDA- Rural Development Awards Funding for Distance Learning and/or Telemedicine
• Minnesota State Colleges and Universities- $500,000 DL (Distance Learning)
• Alaska Native Tribal Health Consortium- $114,842 TM (Telemedicine)
• Flagstaff Medical Center, Inc.- $129,412 TM (Telemedicine)
• Board of Regents of the University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center- $500,000 (Combo)
Minnesota State Colleges and Universities- $500,000 DL (Distance Learning)
Funds will be used to link Leech Lake Tribal College, the Red Lake Nation College and the White Earth Tribal Community College with Bemidji State University and Northwest Technical College. These Native American colleges currently have no existing or functioning interactive distance learning equipment. The new connections will give students access to industry-driven certification training, bachelor’s degrees and specialized associates degrees not available at their home colleges.
Alaska Native Tribal Health Consortium- $114,842 TM (Telemedicine)
Funds will be used to purchase video teleconferencing equipment systems for virtual sessions between patients and health care providers. It is projected that nearly 3,200 people will benefit in the first year alone. The Alaska Native Tribal Health Consortium includes nine organizations that deliver innovative telehealth solutions throughout the Alaska Federal Health Care system.
Flagstaff Medical Center, Inc.- $129,412 TM (Telemedicine)
Funds will be used to purchase digital electronics and software for a telemedicine system linking the Flagstaff medical center with clinics in Coconino, Apache, Mohave and Navajo Counties. This system will connect local caregivers and their patients with specialists at Flagstaff.
Board of Regents of the University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center- $500,000 (Combo)
Funds will be used to purchase state-of-the-art digital equipment and software for a telemedicine initiative hosted by the University of Oklahoma Health Science Center. The initiative will use video teleconferencing to offer geriatric services to Choctaw Nation clinical sites -- including Stilwell Community Hospital -- and Choctaw clinics in Hugo, Broken Bow, Stigler, Idabel, Talihina and Atoka, and general services to health care facilities in Fort Cobb, Grandfield and Tipton.
For more information: Click here